Friday, March 09, 2007

8 days...

It’s almost here.

Just a few short days until Emily and I married—until I get to be her husband. This also means only eight more days and the planning, worrying, and stressing over the wedding will come to an end. Next Saturday can’t get here soon enough.

Recently though a wise friend advised me to enjoy this next week, not just endure it. He reminded me that in the midst of all this busyness and chaos there is something beautiful taking place, something holy. Paul describes it as a great mystery.

This unique process of two becoming one is just that, a process; a path to be walked. Talking to those "veterans" of marriage, I'm told there will be ups and downs. Yet it's not necessarily about the destination, but intead the journey alongside the partner God uniquely created for man, for me. Praise Him for his perfection and faithfulness.
- - - - - - -
pics of the day (my favorite of Em, and one for my sentimental mom):

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the WONDERFUL pictures! Of course, I need a kleenex right about now.

Cassie said...

It's so true. Though the weeks leading up to the wedding are a bit stressful with final decisions and little details, it is a journey that you only get once...and some of my favorite memories are the crazy pre wedding ones. Have a great week...we can't wait to see you REALLY soon.

Cassie said...

okay...and I just asked Austin if he commented on your blog because the anonymous comment sounded like something he would say (but never mean, of course)...he said no.

But then he started laughing...it was him. Do I know my husband or what?? See all the fun you have to look forward to...