Monday, August 22, 2005

Esther


"And who knows that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?" Esther 4:14b

yesterday in our sunday morning class we discussed the story of Esther (interesting side bar: the book of Esther never mentions/refrences God). i love this story and its key message, as stated in the verse above. in fact, my first sunday ever at Grapevine four years ago i taught on Esther. i suppose it shouldn't suprise me then that this story circulated back into our curriculum on a day that i had a pretty important meeting concerning the future of my ministry. as i met with the elders i could feel all of your prayers and support, and i'm grateful for such a caring family and group of friends. but it was mordecai's words that were ringing the loudest in my heart yesterday, reminding me to make the most of the royal opportunities God grants me. in spite of self-doubt or uncertainty, God calls us to courageously sieze those moments he places in front of us. when opportunity to save lives and make an impact arise we have to step up to the plate like Esther did. even if we feel completely helpless he's assured us he'll be our source of strength. my meeting, and the rest of my day in fact, turned out incredible thanks to Esther and Mordecai.

Lord i pray that you will make me faithful with a few things, so that you will grant me even bigger things for your Kingdom.

1 comment:

Dan Carlson said...

It's a noble thing you're doing.

Hope Texas is treating you well, man.