Thursday, August 25, 2005

Rest

my mom read my blog and said she thinks i'm allergic to capital letters. but she's an english teacher so she's supposed to say that (love ya mom). however i'd rather spend my energy here putting my thoughts down in a readable manner, and not on capitalization or grammar. sorry if that offends anyone else.

i'm leaving this afternoon for what will be my first "real world" vacation. as opposed to the previous 22 years of my life, my job, if you can call it that, allows me 2 weeks vacation per year. so i'm headed to austin for a few days to see Cayce and Madison which will be great. i also get to spend a day at the lake saturday with a large group of friends who are scattered across the state, so i'm looking forward to laughing and catching up with them. all of next week i'll be in abilene with the rest of my family. i know it's not exotic or overly exciting, but that will be my vacation: spending time with people i love at "home." worship at university on sunday with my family will be especially neat--my heart misses Eddie's sweet words of truth.

my friend carisse once told me that when you work you should work hard, when you play you should play hard, and when you rest you should rest hard. i'm hoping that God provides me rest and renewal this next week, and that i'll be blessed by the time i spend basking in his presence. the writer of Hebrews speaks about rest in ch. 4. "there remains then a Sabbat-rest for the people of God; for anyone who enters God's rests also rests from his own work, just as God did from his. Let us therefore, make every effort to enter that rest..." (v.9-11). it's not our place to stop our laboring for the Lord here on earth and rest completely, for God will one day provide for us the ultimate "Sabbath-rest." i do pray that this week will not be time off from the work of his Kingdom, but time to reflect and recharge my batteries to better serve his kingdom continually. may you find rest in Him today, the Great Provider.

1 comment:

Katey said...

Cody Lale-
I didn't know you had started a blog! I'm going home next weekend and I can't wait- wish I could see you! Miss you and glad to hear everything's going good!

-Katey