Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Back in the Saddle

i returned last night from spending 6 very full days with people i absolutely love. Christmas was wonderful, a special one that will stand out in my memories. some quick peaks of the week:

-2 rounds of golf with the Blair boys (don't worry, we won't be turning pro any time soon).
-half a day in the peaceful setting of my aunt and uncle's ranch.
-not really eating distinct "meals" but instead perusing through the ample selection of holiday food in the kitchen between football games or naps.
-watching my 2-year-old cousin Lily "shake it."
-Christmas morning service at University alongside both my real family and my spiritual family.
-the UYG reunion party--SO much fun.
-spending time with Madison.
-doing a lot of nothing.

hooray for holidays! though it was really hard to leave my family in Abilene yesterday, having a community of people here who love me makes it eaier to make the drive back. i want to expound more on these special people but am pretty tired right now so it will have to wait. take hope, share it, and be blessed today.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
pic of the day, Madison:


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cody, I cannot believe how much Madison has grown!!!!!! I would not have even recognized her- I still think of her as a toddler!!! She's beautiful. Glad you had such a wonderful Christmas, and hope to see you soon :) lizzie

Rosalyn said...

Christmas was great...glad you were home for awhile!

Anonymous said...

Cody... so glad to hear your holidays were blessed. Madison has grown up so much! What a lovely girl she is! I still picture her so small! Man... time flies...kind of sobering isn't it? love ya!
melanie mc.