Monday, January 02, 2006

welp...

i've got one year under my belt. feels pretty good and boy did it go by fast. now only like 45 more until i can "retire"...

year one was full of change. my surroundings changed. i changed jobs/titles. where i live, what my day looks like. my body changed (just kidding, that was puberty), but i did get older and slower. the people i see and talk to the most changed. my faith, perception of ministry, and relationship with the Lord--all different today than a year ago.

i'm so grateful though for all this change. for the tweaking and revamping God's Spirit did in my life. for the new experiences and all i learned from them. i'm even thankful for my mistakes, difficulties, and failures. for through them the Lord has taught me to trust, to be still, patience and sincerety. i'm not gonna lie, freshman year of the real world was tough. but i wouldn't trade it for anything and i'm looking forward to being a sophomore.

as i move into this year the overwhelming feeling in my heart is that i need more. more Jesus. more love, compassion, and kindness. more stillness. more devotion. i want more of the Lord--to know and experience Him in new ways. to feel a great sense of intimacy with my Savior and a more humble spirit. i want to live with his energy and passion each day and to be more humble. to cling to truth while i sharing it authentically. less me more He. the Lord is faithful and i'm pumped. yeehaw!
- - - - - - - - - - - -
pic of the day, UYG reunion:

No comments: