Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Everything's Right Tonight

my lack of posts lately hasn't been from lack of meaningful activity. I'm just can't seem to find the words to describe the events of the past week. instead of many words. perhaps one word will do for a few highlights.

- humbling. That is the only way to describe our two and a half days working with Central Dallas Ministries last week. Met some incredibly Jesus/Kingdom-minded servants like Patti, Eric, and Rachel who have dedicated their lives to building true community on the east side of Dallas. And got to see our kids be the hands and feet of Christ as they provided a face lift for a building, took some tiny tots to the Dallas zoo, and stocked groceries in the food pantry. There is nothing like witnessing our students faith grow as they serve wholeheartedly in uncomfortable situations.

- relaxing. Escaped to Austin for a few days to be with people I love. Stayed with Austin, Cassie and Gracie, hung out with Rosalyn, Heather, Marcos, Camille, Jenn and Erika, and spent time Cayce and Madison and Matty. Sort of had a cold while I was there, but got to watch lots of basketball. Have I mentioned how much I love the first weekend of the tournament.

- refreshing. The Lord always knows when I'm in a rut or feeling discouraged in ministry, because it is at those moments when he gives me refreshing and rewarding times with our kids. some of my favorite moments with them are the unexpected and real conversations we have where they're honest and even vulnerable with me, or when they speak deep truth into my life through an unassuming comment. Those are the times I cherish and cling to, the times that fire me up and keep me going.
- - - - - - -
pic of the day:

2 comments:

Cassie said...

another one out your car window?? We had fun having you here with us...we were in need of some "cody" time!!

Joel Weckerly said...

Blairry-- sorry about UT losing to LSU. If you refer to our ESPN online bracket you will notice I pegged this two weeks ago. I apologize for being a genius.