Monday, April 03, 2006

"Our glory and joy"

Everyone has tough days, the kind that frustrate you to no end. In a life of ministry these days seem to be more frequent than I would like. There are all sorts of things that Satan tosses in front of me to get me discouraged: church politics, my own impatience and inexperience, flat out persecution, kids who you can't engage no matter how hard you pursue them, yada yada yada.

Just when I get ready to lose it though the Lord with out fail sends a refreshing cue into my life. And most of the time it is my kids who fill this role. My kids are the ones who keep me going, who remind me why I'm here and how fortunate I am. Their energy and innocence refuels me when I am running on empty. The look in their eyes, one of hunger in the midst of their search for something real, something pure, is what pushes me to give them more of myself. They have a way of making things right and not "too serious." I love them and am forever thankful for their presence in my life.

As I pray for them today, these words of Paul seem to perfectly fit my feelings toward them: For what is our hope, our joy, or the crown in which we will glory in the presence of our Lord Jesus when he comes? Is it not you? Indeed, you are our glory and joy. 1 Thess. 3:19
- - - - - - -
pic of the day:

3 comments:

ewall said...

thanks for sharing cb, your words are a real encouragement and blessing to me today.

Matt Foster said...

true words cody, great thoughts... it's just the encouragement I need. It's hard to make to invest in people's lives and not get any returns, but just at the most unlikely moment, from the least likely source, God pulls something through that keeps you going. Keep up the great work.

Rosalyn said...

Cody I forgot you did the easter bunny thing this weekend...how did that go...i was just chatty mcchatty when i talked to you and dind't even ask about it! Thanks for listening to me though