Monday, May 15, 2006

Day 2

journal entry from April 27th, my dad's birthday:

...delayed is the theme of this trip thus far...45 minutes to start in Dallas, 4 hours in Atlanta, missed our flight in Paris, redirected through Milan (flew over the Alps though...amazing), and finally arrived in Kiev at 3:30 in the a.m. They lost all of our luggage, but that's not a huge deal, more comical than anything and a fitting end to our journey to get here.

It's a weird feeling being back in Kiev, but there's something familiar about it too, very nostalgic and eary, yet something that strangely puts me at ease. I feel a comfort around these people, listening to their language, driving through their streets, brushing past a sea of pedestrians on crowded sidewalks; their clothes (or lack there of), the stilletos, hairstyles, the odd smells...I know it's weird but for some reason I enjoy it, I really do.

Father I pray for rest tonight and energy for tomorrow and the next 12 days. Empty me of myself, my negative attitudes, and fill me with your Spirit, one of peace and compassion, one to listen, love and hope. Thank you for reminding me today that my "home" is with you in heaven....Be with our group and give us patience and understanding, unite us in our love for you and our purpose here. And watch over everyone back home...
- - - - - - -
pic of the day, airport in Paris:

1 comment:

Katie said...

keep the stories coming! it was good to meet you.