Monday, August 07, 2006

She's here

No longer 852 miles away, Emily has finally arrived in Arlington! In her words...praise, the Lord.

She's only been here a little over a week but we have already been soaking up time with one another and racking up the miles on Highway 360. Sometimes I still cannot believe that she lives here, that we don't have to say goodbye at an airport next week like we have too many times before. But we don't, because Emily lives here, close to me, and I am absolutely beside myself.

It has been such a blessing to be with her and experience so much of what you miss out on when you date long distance for 7 months. Hanging out with our Dallas friends, going to campaigners with her, watching her interact with the kids in her ministry, having her next to me at church, spending lazy Saturday afternoons together, running errands, just listening to her talk face to face instead of through a cell phone--it is all just so great, so refreshing, so much fun.

One of the best parts is knowing that this is only the beginning of a new and exciting season of life, for both of us. Thank you Father...for everything.
- - - - - - -
pic of the day:

2 comments:

James Lee Younger III said...

I'm so glad you guys finally get to live close together, because the only thing us tennesseans have heard for the past seven months is "I can't even handle it!" -the distance that is...

Joel Weckerly said...

Congrats bro. It's a good feeling, but give it six months -- you don't think that's gonna change? Just kidding I had to slip in a Vince Vaughner. We are happy for you.