Friday, February 09, 2007

36 days...

A collection of random thoughts, as I sit a mere 869 hours away from marriage...
- - - - - - -
He could not do any miracles there, excepty lay his hands on a few sick people and heal them. And he was amazed at their lack of faith.

Personally, this passage is like a spiritual punch to the gut. A question resonates in my soul: "How is my lack of faith keeping Christ's Spirit from moving and working?" Troubled by this, I wonder if my less-than-mustard seed faith is holding back our kids (as well as me) from truly experiencing the fullness found in Christ?

I get frustrated because so much of my ministry seems to stem from my own efforts or energy, without much asking (and expecting) of God. Lord help me change this; help me mature in faith; teach me to trust, to ask, and to expect.
- - - - - - -
Wade Phillips, though lacking in flare and pizazz (probably a good thing), will be a good fit for the Cowboys. He's a proven defensive guy (which we desperately need), and, like Dungy and Lovie Smith, does things the "right" way.
- - - - - - -
Here's an interesting quote from an AP article What Drew us to Anna Nichole by Jocelyn Noveck (notice bolded part):
"...talk show host Joy Behar...trying to put her finger on why we watched this strange woman over the years, she came up with two things: Dysfunction. And beauty. "No question, she was beautiful," said Behar, of ABC's The View. "We know people like to watch dysfunction. But beauty gives you something extra to look at. Dysfunction and beauty: Now that's something to watch.""
What a sad reflection of the brokeness of humanity; that the dysfunction of others is actually appealing to us.
- - - - - - -
pic of the day:

No comments: