Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Swallowed in the Sea

Human beings were created with purpose, not on accident. A relational God formed us with the intention that we would find true life in Him. Last week these lyrics from Coldplay's "Swallowed in the Sea" hit me in a new way. I feel like they speak truth concerning the Spirit that yearns deep inside of us:

Oh what good is it to live
With nothing left to give
Forget but not forgive
Not loving all you see

Oh the streets you're walking on
A thousand houses long
Well that's where I belong
And you belong with me
Not swallowed in the sea

I love the verse in Ecclesiastes 3 that say God has set eternity in the hearts of men. There is something inside of us that longs to break out of this temporary shell. Something that cries out for a home everlasting; for intimate community with our Creator. Something that believes we belong to Him.

And we do belong with Him. We do. Not engulfed by the world; not swept through the broad gate of destruction that so many find. But created, purposed, intended to dwell with our Heavenly Father, both now and forever.
- - - - - - -
I have decided to alternate pic of the day with a new feature, video of the day.

video of the day (thanks Heath) :
GSP Sing Song '07- Sixth in a Row

1 comment:

Landon Smith said...

Hey, I hope you don't mind...

but I just submitted a bulliten article that was kind of loosely - or not so loosely - based on your blog post on choices...I did change some of the items and Emily's name to Cayce. Anyway, telling you I did it makes me feel better about it.

Love you man.

Landon