Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Change

This is my last week at Grapevine. I first came here as a naive and immature intern in the summer of 2002, and then joined the staff in January 2005. But it is time for a change. My new job as a junior high coach and math teacher in Arlington begins in two weeks, and I am very, very excited.
It's bittersweet though. Sunday we'll say goodbye to kids and family who've done nothing but love and challenge me the past 5 years. As I pack up my office, hang out with kids, and look back on all the Lord has taught me and brought me through, I can't help but feel overwhelmed. Overwhelmed by his faithfulness, and affirmed in this next step. More reflections to come....
- - - - - - -
pic of the day:

2 comments:

Cassie said...

So excited for this new chapter in your life! I know you will do amazing things as a teacher and coach...God is so faithful. Can't wait to see you and Emily...hopefully soon!!

James Lee Younger III said...

may your last days at Grpevine be blessed and sweet brother... and may school rock your face off!