Friday, July 27, 2007

Paul and Transition

As one chapter of my life wraps up this week I have been reflecting on the life of Paul. I think he knew a thing or two about transition. Paul stayed months, even years, in one place spending his life for the sake of the gospel, before moving on to the next place of ministry. No doubt it was difficult for him to follow the Lord’s calling after pouring so much into people he loved, and was loved by. But he faithfully obliged.

Like Paul, I have been privileged to have poured out my life to an incredible group of students and families these past 5 years. And, like his ministry, the church at Grapevine has constantly loved, encouraged, challenged, and affirmed Emily and I. In the process I have learned a great deal about myself, ministry, and what it means to truly follow Christ.

So it is only appropriate at this time that I borrow some of Paul’s words from Philippians 1 to express my gratitude and love to those who've made the past 5 years so very rich:

“I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on until completion until the day of Christ Jesus.”

Thanks for the many sweet memories--I love you all deeply.
- - - - - - -
pic of the day:

No comments: