Tuesday, July 03, 2007

The Greatest Tragedy

“I am convinced the Christian faith is the most attractive and desirable option one can discover—a pearl of great wisdom. Further, Jesus Christ is the most attractive and desirable person to ever walk the face of the earth.
The greatest tragedy of all time is that His attractiveness, beauty, and grace is obscured by the cobwebs of religion.”
- John Miller, long time minister of the Gospel

These words convicted me this week in view of a world around me full of lost souls. How guilty am I of letting my “religion” too often shield hurting people from experiencing the splendor of Christ. How often have I wasted opportunities to display the wonderful love of the Savior because of a petty hang-up. How many times do I get in the way instead of stepping aside for Jesus to take center stage.

This week, as I seek to allow the attractiveness of Christ shine in my life uninhibited, I am thankful for a God who is patient with me.
- - - - - - -
pic of the day:

1 comment:

Demetrius said...

Cody in response to your comment about stop,drop and roll, they didn't show that in the videos so I guess it is obsolete