Monday, November 28, 2005

Highlights

i took a sabatical from blogging the past week and a half and a lot has happened. here are some of the highlights of my 5 days in abilene for thanksgiving:

--laying on my parent's couch for hours at a time
--hugging my mom and dad
--dump cake
--watching hours upon hours of football with dad, kyle, and matty
--playing old school wheel of fortune with madison and rosalyn (i was vanna white)
--listening to the sweet comotion of laughter and stories produced by 20+ family members in one house
--playing on the floor with 1 and 2 year old cousins i haven't seen in a year
--rebuilding madison's swing set in the backyard...not
--UT's escape of the aggies (we won't mention the cowboys)
--box office, little panda, university church, cahoot's
--watching 5 back to back episodes of the OC season 1 (it's addicting)
--driving home from the a-high game (a.k.a. southlake practice) with kyle, jessica, zach, and rosalyn
--being humbly reminded of my age as i played...er, participated in basketball with kyle and his college friends
--more dump cake
--being with people i love

what a wonderful holiday. the Lord is SO good--bring on Christmas!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
pic of the day (my little friends EJ, Xavier, and Cameron who are returning to a brand new home in New Orleans this week):

5 comments:

Rosalyn said...

I will be Vanna over Christmas! Glad you were in town it was fun to hang out!

Anonymous said...

Cody,

Somehow JUST now managed to discover your blog...not gonna lie, I'm not much "blog" girl... but this is GREAT! I went back and read old ones and your thoughts really inspired me... which isn't surprising. Thanks for being you.
Miss you.
Melanie

Katey said...

Sorry I didn't call to hang out after the game. My family was one of the ones who stayed till the bitter end, and it literally tore my heart out to see all those boys singing "Dear Ole Abilene High" in tears. Brody was extremely depressed, as were the rest of the boys that pretty much live at my parents' house. Wish we could've talked more- jealous of your trip to Cahoots and Little Panda, but I got Squares so it wasn't all bad. Maybe I'll actually get to see you at Christmas!

Unknown said...

It pains me to hear of trips to abilene with no mention of Harolds BBQ. What kind of a sick person denies himself a Q basket.

Aubrey said...

You were at the game, and you didn't come see me! I am hurt.