Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Wonder

Happy Birthday Mom! Wish I could be there...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
And wonder is that feeling we get when we let go of our silly answers, our mapped out rules that we want God to follow. I don't think there is any better worship than wonder. --Donald Miller

one thing i love about God/faith/being a Christian is no matter how much i "know" there is still an element of mystery. i love that my Creator is so much bigger than his creation. that it is impossible to know everything about Him. now this is very ironic because by nature i'm a person who likes to know things, to have certainty. i don't like being left in the dark or unsure of the way. but with faith a sense of mystery is necessary, otherwise you don't have faith. you only have answers, and that is not God's intention.

wonder is incredible. it is getting lost in the presence of God. it is forgetting who/where/how i am and realizing all that He is. it is stepping into a moment, a story, that is bigger than myself. wonder is where my cares are buried and my heart is transformed. i pray today that we will all respond to the Lord with wonder.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
pic of the day, from Mize:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you for that

Emily said...

okay, so I read your blog thanks to cassie's links...thank you for walking in faith, and for reminding me about God's mystery and power-and what an amazing gift we have through faith! Hope everything is going great!
-Emily Tyndall

Lindsay Barker said...

Next Tuesday sounds great!! Tell me where and when and I'm there. Hope ur having a good week!