Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Last Night

2 things the Lord put on my heart last night as i attended a house blessing. it was hosted by a transitional housing project in Grapevine that houses women recovering from abusive or traumatic situations:

1. the best way to make an impact on someone's life is to love them. to love them completely and unconditionally. Deborah and the other ladies who pour their lives into this project serve as a shining example of the second greatest command. what a joy to witness the way these women are restoring lives in the Kingdom.

2. my parents are incredible. i was reminded of this as one of the residents asked me, "what did your parents think of you going into the ministry?" i told her my parents do nothing but cover me with love and support. their constant prayers and encouragement have carried me through many of the ups and downs of this field. i deal with kids everyday whose parents don't show them they're loved, much less give a flying flip about what they do, and it makes me terribly sad. i'm tremendously blessed by my parents, and i thank God for the positive influence they have on our (mine and cayce's and kyle's) lives.
- - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
pic of the day: Mize and "Potato"

2 comments:

Katey said...

You do have two of the greatest parents in the world. The great thing about being your friend since we were so little is being blessed by knowing Tommy and Vicki, and the whole Blair family.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Cody, I needed that compliment today. Isn't it amazing how God knows we need certain things and he touches someone else to bless us.