Friday, October 07, 2005

Family

there's so much i want to say today, so many thought running through my head. but i'm lacking the time to put it all down. i've been thinking about my family a lot this week. that's probably a result of praying for several other families lately who've experienced loss. on top of this, my spiritual family i'm a part of here has been filling me in numerous ways. i hope to write more on that later, but for now my thoughts are occupied with my family and how much i love them.

my parents are incredible examples of Christ to me, and have done nothing but cover my life with support, prayer, and love. i'm thankful for them as i remember how fortunate i've been to grow up with two faithful parents. my niece, Madison, has not though. i admire my sister Cayce for the way she has raised such a beautiful, sweet-spirited girl. this is her on the right, with her favorite cousin and best friend Hattie Jane: Madison has had 4 uncles to influence her life, as well some amazing grandparents and countless other people to shower her with love. but little girls don't need uncles, they need fathers. a father to be there for them everyday; to play with her, hug on her, pray with before bed. and sweet school teacher moms don't need brothers, they deserve husbands. a husband to care for her and show her affection. a husband to cook with, to take care of her when she's sick, and to take her out on dates. today i'm thankful that God has brought Matty into Cayce and Madison's life. he's going to be a part of our family, and a big part at that. today i'm praying for their family that will be joined together soon. i love my family, and am thinking about them today.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

L.D. quote of the day: (from Gus as he spoke to Clara and Laurie, the two loves of his life, when they asked whether he would return to Clara's farm, where her two daughters lives as well)

"Sure I'll come back. A ladies man like me could hardly be expected to resist such a passel of beauties."

1 comment:

ewall said...

CB, thanks for sharing so openly friend. I'm thankful for the eyes the Lord has given you to see the family that you have and for the support you are receiving in Grapevine as well. Blessings to you blair!