Monday, October 24, 2005

Random Stuff

Last week was pretty hectic, so I'm making up for it by posting everyday this week. There's a lot in my head (and heart) right now, so I'm unsure of how random this will be:

--I missed game 1 of the World Series Saturday, but saw the end of last night's game. What a finish. I don't care who you're rooting for, if you appreciate baseball and all it's absurdness then that classic game won't be forgotten. I hope the 'Stros make it a long series (they probably will).

--Ate at Joe T Garcia's Saturday night for Val's birthday, which is the best mexican food restaraunt ever (no disrespect to Alamo Cafe Brent), although their food's not the best. Clay and I both agree the ambiance of that place pushes it above the rest. It's definitely worth the hour wait on a Sat. night. I love sitting outside on the patio with friends to the sounds of my fajitas sizzle on the table and two old vaqueros strumming Spanish guitars.

--One of young girls in the Youth Group was buried with Christ in baptism yesterday. She had the biggest, sweetest smile on her face all day--a true relection of God's glory. The joy expressed in her face moved me still this morning.

--I'm going to go ahead and say it, even at the cost of jinxing their season...UT is legit, and headed to the Rose Bowl. I was very nervous watching the first half Saturday, both because of Tech's score-from-anywhere-offense and because Mack still strolls the sideline. His team's have a history of collapses, but not this year's team. They're different, both sides of the ball are. I still can't put my finger on it, but I know for sure that Chizek has a lot to do with it. I also feel that this team isn't "all about me" this year, but that they're playing selfless football, as all great teams do. I hope the special season continues.

--Yeah for fall weather.

--I often grow tired of loving someone and not having it returned. I don't feel like saying anything more, but I realized something. Now I don't know much, but I'm confident of this: no matter what, God will ALWAYS love you back.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
pic of the day: Mize's pic of Brandon and me forming one "giant mega person" a.k.a. Goliath...


3 comments:

Cassie said...

Agree about Joe T's...I've been to Alamo Cafe and let's just say...it was okay...Hate to admit you might be right about UT...I get pretty sick of all the hype here in Austin! And I LOVE the picture of you and Brandon. Sometimes, though it was tough while we were there, I really wish we could go back to those moments...with our little group at the beach or teaching or touring or just getting thrilled about the cafe having coke...so many of our lifelong friendships were nurtured there! Love you and miss you...

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...as far as fajitas and queso goes it's Alamo Cafe hands down, but I can go with you on the atmosphere at Joe T's. It is a great place for mexican food and definitely top 5. And Cassie, please, next time your in S.A. we can all go back and I'll show you whats up with Alamo Cafe...

Cassie said...

It's just that during our whole time in Crimea it got so talked up that I guess when you haven't been eating hot potatoes and giant weiners it is sort of a let down:) We will have to go sometime...I miss our third wheel...(Cody, sorry for posting to Brent on your blog...I miss you too!)