Sunday, October 16, 2005

Homecoming

even though this was the 100th year for ACU, honestly, it still felt like an ordinary homecoming. but that isn't to say that i didn't enjoy it, because it was a blessed weekend. now i'm not gonna lie, i was pretty frustrated on the drive home last night, mainly because i didn't have enough time to see all the people i wanted to, or spend enough time with the ones i did see. but at least God afforded me the opportunity to return to a place that is so special to my heart.

homecoming isn't about breakfasts (although i attended mine); it isn't about parades (although that's my favorite event); it isn't about football games or musicals (didn't go to either); it's about people. it's about hugging the necks of friends you only see twice a year now. it's about looking guys in the eye who have helped shape the person you have become. it's about reliving old stories and sharing your current one. it's about loving on your family, both immediate and spiritual ones. it's about quality time with people whom you love more than they'll know, people who've touched your life in ways that words can describe. it's about being thankful for God's faithfulness, and looking forward to the years to come.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
This is the last Lonesome Dove quote i'll share for awhile (but I'm starting a new series of everday item next time :)) I'm going to end my L.D. quote of the days with this one, from Gus, at the end of his life:

"My God Woodrow, it's been quite a party."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cody,
Wish I could have made it to homecoming (stupid family wedding). I missed seeing you and tons of other friends. Good point about not getting enough time to see everyone you want and not even enough time for the people you do see.

I love you. Really, I do.

Cal Benaglio said...

Hey Cody,

I'll see you at the next Centennial! ACU 2106 baby yeah!!!