Thursday, February 16, 2006

I like chicken

see picture below...

Monday night at Bible study we talked about love, being it the day before Valentine's and all. As I have stated here before the past several months have seen me basically obsessing over the idea of love as it fits with faith, Christianity, and people. There were so many things I wanted my kids to hear that night about love but had no idea where to begin or which direction to head. So, I invited them to read and really listen to the greatest love story ever told, tthe story that is God's Word. We spent the majority of our time soaking up and taking in his truth, ya know, just allowing it to settle into our hearts and minds. Here's one of my favorite passages we absorbed that night:

...if I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don't love, I've gotten nowhere. So, now matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love... --Paul, The Message
- - - - - - -
Off to Abilene tomorrow, for what should be a great time of family and friends, sing song and intern interviews. Please keep us in your prayers...thanks.
- - - - - - -
pic of the day:

2 comments:

ewall said...

cb, have a great time this weekend! and take in some good ol classic abilene food joints for your buddy wallace. blessings to you man!

lhall said...

i must confess. when i read your comment on my blog i literally shuddered at the thought of the 'library'. first off, it just sounds creepy. and secondly, there aren't supposed to be library's in Crystals!!!! the thing i'm most excited about is all the memories that will be discussed at the dinner table with my family. AND the look of sheer joy as my 4 year old niece experiences Crystals for the very first time! yesssssssssssss. have a great week! be blessed