Monday, September 19, 2005

I Live Next Door to...

what a weekend. got to spend time with my family and several close friends for a couple of days in abilene. i've said it before, but nothing beats a meaningful, face-to-face conversation with someone you love. by meaningful i don't necessarily mean deep, but time spent laughing, sharing life stories, or even just catching up. i was fortunate to have quality time with quality people--always refreshing. much of friday night i spent with the men of GSP, both old and young. there were 15 guys at bid night from my pledge class (ROC class) so that was special. the majority of us are still close friends so to say we had a fun time would be an understatement.

the rest of this weekend was spent moving into my new place, rightfully dubbed "la casa pequeno" or the little house. while the name says it all, it's just perfect for me. one great thing about the new pad (besides the quiet neighborhood, cheap rent, and great landlords) is my next door neighbor, former Ranger ace Kenny Hill! his house is slightly larger than mine, but hope i get invited over for dinner...

quite a few people have told me how great it is to fly solo for awhile when you first start out. they say you learn a lot about yourself. something i've learned in the past several months of ministry is the importance of that solo time. it's important to have time to rest, reflect, and get away from the busyness that embodies everyday. it's important to be able to do your own thing every once in awhile. i pray that God will use this time to shape me more into the image of his Son and equipp me to minister in his name.

1 comment:

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Cody--
Long story as to how I got here, but I was wishing I had been with you at bid night. It's been YEARS since I was at a bid night...but always hilarious. I actually pledged with Chris Seidman. You can imagine the hilarity. I was ALWAYS in trouble for laughing. In fact, one night...and this was before we moved club meetings out of the ad bldg...I got in trouble for laughing and they put me in the closet with the trash can over my head. That only made it worse. My friends said you could hear the muffled laughter coming from inside.

I enjoyed reading your blog, bro. Blessings to you.